With the college football season in full effect, each week I will rank, who I think, are the top five schools from the five power conferences (ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac-12). This ranking is my opinion only, based on what I have seen from each week of action. Heading into this monster slate of games this weekend, here is the Power 5 Top 5:
1. FLORIDA STATE (ACC): They did not look good against Oklahoma State last week, but they didn’t look bad either. They are the defending champs. And until they lose their first game, they will be #1.
2. GEORGIA (SEC): What? Not Alabama?? This is a travesty right? Wrong. After a sensational night by Todd Gurley (293 all-purpose yards) against Clemson, Georgia looks tough. Alabama’s performance against West Virginia, didn’t give me any reason that they would inspire any fear in the SEC.
3. OREGON (PAC-12): Marcus Mariota and Company have their feathers full with Michigan State coming to town. Both teams beat cupcakes last week and now they have a non-conference game that everyone can be happy about. The winner of this game will have a foot in the door for the new playoff while the loser will have work to do.
4. MICHIGAN STATE (BIG 10): See above. Michigan State is looking to make an early statement that the Big-10 will be a force this season.
5. OKLAHOMA: (BIG 12): Business as usual for Oklahoma. The team looks like they are still flying high after the Sugar Bowl win over Alabama. Their win over Louisiana Tech last week was over by the second quarter.