With no Jameis Winston, and Clemson being Clemson, Florida State was able to win out in a hard fought game last week. As it is, FSU stays at top of the Power 5 Top 5 for another week.
- Florida State (ACC): Year after year, Clemson finds a way to stumble in big games. They had the perfect opportunity to stop Florida State’s ACC winning streak, and not to mention, beat the number one team in the nation. Maybe next year.
- Oregon (PAC-12): Talk about a team that came to play! Washington State had the Ducks on the ropes! But thanks to Heisman hopeful, Marcus Mariota, Oregon was able to escape Pullman with a win.
- Oklahoma (Big-12): Just like in their game against Alabama, West Virginia played very competitively against Oklahoma. But just like Alabama, Oklahoma was just too much for West Virginia to handle.
- Alabama (SEC): After the game against the Tide, Will Muschamp’s seat just became unbearably hot! We might see him on another sideline come this time next year. On the other hand, Lane Kiffin seems to be getting the ‘Bama offense, and Blake Sims, in prime season form. After sitting on top of the SEC West for a while now, Alabama might have to keep a close eye on Mississippi State. MSU went into Death Valley, and dominated (until the end of the game) a young LSU team. Will this be the year the Bulldogs break through?
- Nebraska (Big 10): We’ll put Nebraska, for now, as the team to beat in the Big 10. This is probably temporary, but after their win against Miami, the team looks decent enough to be on top. Penn State, who is the only other Big 10 team undefeated, is right on their heels.