TheCoLA strives to be an entertaining sports culture outlet on a daily basis, in addition to waxing humorously-intellectual about children’s games that grown men play inside a TV, we also strive to help our fellow man/woman in any way possible. Which is why we want to bring your attention to a GREAT fundraising event in the Los Angeles area this weekend:
The idea of a fundraiser to support the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade is obviously not new or novel. A cause such as this, though, needs our continued effort, participation and spirit. We all have our reasons to fight and support such a noble cause. Breast Cancer is one of the ugliest diseases in the world today, and with heartbreaking statistics like these, I find it hard not to want to give back:
- A woman has a 1 in 8 chance of developing breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Every 3 minutes, there is a new diagnosis of invasive breast cancer.
- Approximately 230,480 women and 2,140 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
- Every 13 minutes, a life is lost to breast cancer.
- 39,520 women and 450 men in the U.S. will die from the disease annually.
I have committed to raising much-needed funds to support the Crusade, as I feel the need to help support those who need it most. The money we raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures. I’m putting together this fundraiser as a way to do my part in fighting the good fight.. Your donation will help people who are fighting this disease right now as well as helping us reach the ultimate goal of eradicating this horrible disease, setting up for a future without breast cancer.