It’s a normal, beautiful, sunny, Los Angeles day today…..much like most days here in the land of ego-driven media hype-machine greed and creativity. But today, unlike many days previous, by 2pm I had legitimately convinced myself I had been Marty McFly-ed through a space-time continuum wormhole to an alternate 2016 or possibly an alternate 2010?
Here’s how my day has gone so far:
- EVERY social media outlet I turn to is reporting that Biff Tannen (Donald Trump) is a presidential candidate, has anyone checked the real estate market in Vancouver lately?
- Baron Davis is back in the NBA (sort of):
- Oh, and so is Michael Beasley via China:
- On my way to work this morning I pulled up next to a brand new Maserati, in the drivers’ seat was “Turtle” (Jerry Ferrara) from Entourage (no, Vinny wasn’t in the back seat…but Drama was because apparently he needs any kind of work he can get these days):
- At the local Starbucks, I ran into one of my favorite under-the-radar actors and former star of HBO’s “How to Make it In America”, Bryan Greenberg:
I cant wait to see what else is in store for this evening. Maybe I’ll go see that newly released film about the world wide interwebs, “Social Network”. I hear the kid from N’Sync is actually pretty good in it, but seriously how could there be a whole movie about Book-Face? At the very least I guess I can catch the series finale of “Lost”, if you know what happens, please don’t tell me. I’ve got a pool going on what the truth about the island is…….it’s totally a dream right? Gotta be.
Maybe if I get really bored I’ll check out those meathead idiots on MTV’s new hit show, “Jersey Shore”. GTL baby!
—Ok, no seriously, can someone tell me if it really is 2010, I’m very frightened right now.